Banana Bread Muffins
Serves: 10-12 muffins
This recipe was originally from "Sally's Baking Addiction": https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/banana-muffins/.
- 1 1/2 c flour
- 1 t baking powder
- 1 t baking soda
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 t cinnamon
- 1/4 t nutmeg
- 3 ripe bananas
- 6 T unsalted butter
- 2/3 c brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 2 T milk
- optional (1 c chopped nuts or chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 425F. Spray a 12-count muffin pan with nonstick spray.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg together in a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl (or stand mixer), mash the bananas. On medium speed, beat or whisk in the melted butter, brown sugar, egg, vanilla, and milk.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, then beat or whisk until combined. (Optional) Fold in the nuts or chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter into the tray, filling up to the top. Bake for 5 minutes at 425F, then reduce the temperature to 350F. Bake for another 15 minutes