Hooper Labs - Adversarial Techniques and Research
- 1/4 c oil
- 3 large onions or 4 medium onions, sliced
- 1t salt, plus more to taste
- 1 inch ginger, minced
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 large tomatoes or 4roma tomatoes, diced
- 3t coriander
- 1t garam masala
- 1 1/2t Indian chili powder (or cayenne pepper), to taste
- 1/2t turmeric
- 15oz can coconut milk
- 1/2c water
- ~10 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 1 small handfull curry leaves
- In a large pan or stockpot, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add onions and 1t salt. Stir 10-15 minutes until the onions are translucent.
- Add garlic, ginger. Stir, reducing heat as necessary cooking 10-15 minutes until the onions begin to brown.
- Add diced tomatoes, further cooking until most of the moisture has evaporated and the oil begins to separate from the mixture. The mixture should be mushy and incorporated.
- Add all spices. Cook on medium-high for 1-2 minutes until the spices are fragrant.
- Add water and coconut milk. Stir to combine and bring to a simmer.
- Add eggs and curry leaves. Stir to combine. Simmer, adding additional water if necessary until the mixture is a consistency of a watery gravy.
- Serve over rice, naan, appam, idli, etc. for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.