- 2T olive oil
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 inch minced ginger
- 1 small diced red onion (~ 1 c)
- 1lb ground beef
- 1t salt
- 1 1/2t indian chili powder (or cayenne pepper)
- 1 1/4t garam masala
- 1 1/4t cumin
- 1 1/4t coriander
- 1/2t turmeric
- 1c water
- 1/2c chopped fresh cilantro (coriander)
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Sauté garlic and ginger until fragrant, then add onion and cook until it is translucent.
- Add ground beef and cook until it is no longer pink. Season with all spices, including salt and cook for an additional 2 minutes until the spices are fragrant.
- Add water, increase heat to high, and bring to a boil. Then, reduce the heat to medium and partially cover. Simmer for 10 minutes or until the sauce is almost dry (when the oil starts to separate). Turn off the heat and stir in the cilantro.
- Serve with rice, poppardum, naan, etc.
Adapted from: https://dailycookingquest.com/indian-keema-ground-beef-curry.html